Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Vancouver Academy Awards - Oscar Party 2011 Marquee | "Feel Like a Star" proceeds go to The Starlight Children's Foundation
Sunday, February 27, 2011 from 3:00 PM to 10:00 PM (PST)
***Marquee Event Postponed To A Later Date***
We have been up since 5am watching the news on the weather situation, and recent weather warnings including a tweet from the mayor state that we are dealing with extreme weather conditions, please stay home and off the roads if you can. In concern for the safety of our sponsors, volunteers and attendees of the event, we felt the necessity to stop the show today, and post pone it for a later date! Stay tuned for that date.
Marquee | “Feel Like A Star”
Academy Awards Soiree, proceeds to The Starlight Children's Foundation
Sun. Feb 27th,
3:30 - 4:45pm Red Carpet Paparazzi & Catered Cocktail Reception
3:00pm Be there so you don't miss anything ;)
3:30 - 4:45pm Red Carpet Paparazzi & Catered Cocktail Reception
5pm sharp! the 83rd Academy Awards
Great Raffle prizes! (tune in for more to come!)
- Deluxe getaway to River Rock Hotel & Resort in a One Bedroom Suite - Value $200 - Exquisite gift basket from Foster Walker Gifts of Distinction - Value $100 - 2 hrs Consultation and a book from Good Riddance Professional Organizing Solutions $150 - Pier 73 Restaurant at the Delta Airport Inn voucher $25 - 2 passes to the Art gallery - 2 passes to the Space Centre - 1/2 doz. Innis & Gunn Beer glasses - "Oscar Season" 3 books by Mary McNamara - took from Appleton Estates - various men's and women's sports shirts.
- Deluxe getaway to River Rock Hotel & Resort in a One Bedroom Suite - Value $200
- Exquisite gift basket from Foster Walker Gifts of Distinction - Value $100
- 2 hrs Consultation and a book from Good Riddance Professional Organizing Solutions $150
- Pier 73 Restaurant at the Delta Airport Inn voucher $25
- 2 passes to the Art gallery
- 2 passes to the Space Centre
- 1/2 doz. Innis & Gunn Beer glasses
- "Oscar Season" 3 books by Mary McNamara
- took from Appleton Estates
- various men's and women's sports shirts.
Ticket price of $40 includes: - Red Carpet Paparazzi experience - Lavish Ambience and Décor - LIVE Hip/Jazz/Chill by Myles Bigelow Trio - 1 (one) Complimentary glass of wine (Cash Bar available) - Delicious Canapés throughout the evening by Eh! Restaurant - Screening of the 83rd Annual Academy Awards® - Prizes for Best Dressed, Best Guessed Ballot - Swag bags for the first 100 TIX sold!
Ticket price of $40 includes:
- Red Carpet Paparazzi experience
- Lavish Ambience and Décor
- LIVE Hip/Jazz/Chill by Myles Bigelow Trio
- 1 (one) Complimentary glass of wine (Cash Bar available)
- Delicious Canapés throughout the evening by Eh! Restaurant
- Screening of the 83rd Annual Academy Awards®
- Prizes for Best Dressed, Best Guessed Ballot
- Swag bags for the first 100 TIX sold!
Arc2 Intertainment LIVE Interview on the Red Carpet
Privileged Connoissuer LIVE Interviews on the Red Carpet
TRAZ Girls TV & Film Talent Team
Official Photographers Neil Pelman and Clint Trahan
Showcasing Designer Gowns by Malene Grotrian
MakeUp by Vanessa Mills MakeUp Artistry
Hair by L'Atelier Hair Boutigue and Gallery
Designer Jewellry by Isabella Diamond
Guest Hosted by movers and shakers in the film & fashion industry:
* Heather Burnett - Starlight Children's Foundation Spokesperson
* Robyn Wiener - Synergy Cinema - WIFTV
* Anita Adams - First Weekend Club
* Paul Armstrong - Celluloid Social Club
* Carmela Evangelista - ETM Talent
* Malene Grotrian - Malene Grotrian Design
* Marilyn Wilson - Vancouver Fashion eZine
* Rachel Greenfeld - Conservative Party of Canada
* Randy Vannatter - Owner City Passports
* Ren Fukushima - Trade Exchange Canada
* Ingrid Edmunds - Owner, Cybervision
Come and spend the night with us and "Feel Like A Star"
$40 in advance On Eventbrite*
3pm Cash At the Door**
*Eventbrite sales close on Feb 26 at 11:55pm (23:55)
**Doors open on Feb 27 at 3:00pm (15:00). Cash Only Sales on Tickets
Style Code in Effect: Red Carpet Glamour
Ladies: Dresses and GownsGentleman: Formal, Suits, perhaps a tux? :)
As this event is in a licensed club establishment, BC liquor laws request all patrons of the venue to bring some form of government issued photo idea with you for the age verification scanner: Driver's License or BC ID Card or passport or similar.
Detailed Event Overview
Since early times performing arts theatres and cinemas have showcased their headlining stars in bright lights outside of their buildings on marquee signs. It has become a traditional phenomenon to dream about seeing your name in the bright lights of the marquee. Every guest of our event is meant to “Feel Like a Star”! For this reason we felt it was fitting to call our event Marquee!
Marquee celebrates Vancouver’s film and fashion industry by bringing together a network of film professionals, performers, independent artists, designers, media and members of the community which are passionate about supporting the performing arts industry while celebrating the annual Academy Awards® in Hollywood. The event will feature an inclusive paparazzi red carpet reception with Arc 2 Intertainment filming every moment, followed by a social cocktail hour with food catered by Eh! Restaurant and will proceed to a live screening of the annual Academy Awards® on jumbo sized screens.
Marquee has a deep importance behind its purpose beyond an evening of glamour and celebration. Marquee will be raising money for the BC Chapter of the Starlight™ Children’s Foundation to bring the gift of smiles and entertainment to kids in our local community who are facing the challenges of a serious illness. At times their treatments may be life threatening and often children have to endure many frightening days away from friends and family while on their road to recovery. From hospital-based Fun Centres with Ninteno Wii to special events and trips for the whole family, Starlight™ has established programs that help seriously ill children and their families cope with their pain, fear and isolation with education, entertainment and family activities. Marquee will be raising funds to help contribute to Starlight’s™ missions by bringing the gift of entertainment to children experiencing extended stays in our local hospitals for treatment.
An indulgence of glamour, a taste of refined entertainment and a touch of class are just some of the descriptive phrases used to storyboard the evening’s festivities. The moment you pull up to Marquee we have ensured you “Feel like A Star”. Whether you are arriving by limousine or arriving in your swank ride, you will feel well taken care of the moment you step out of the vehicle. A red carpet hostess will welcome you to Marquee as you make your way down past the paparazzi filled red carpet to take some quick poses in your glamorous attire for local media and socialite personalities.
From the red carpet a door staff member will open the door for you and welcome you with a complimentary drink as you enter the event. Red and gold ambient lighting, rich flowing fabrics, Hip/Jazz/Chill music by Myles Bigelow Trio, and enjoyable canapes created by Chef Ashley Page of Eh! Restaurant will be served by the TRAZ Girls Model Team. These are just some of the detailed elements your senses will enjoy as you make your way into the room of beautifully dressed like minded people.
Lights, cameras, Oscars®! the screening of the 83 Annual Academy Awards® will start right at 5pm. We have designed the event so you are entertained throughout the evening. Even when the live broadcast takes a break, presentations, recognitions and prizes will keep the energy up while we wait to welcome back the Academy Awards®. Our cash bars will remain open during the length of the screening so you can enjoy your beverages at your leisure pace.
At the conclusion of the screening we will be open for about an hour for you to mix, mingle, and network with friends and film magnets. Don’t forget your Swag bag on the way out!
From the moment you arrive to the moment you leave we want to make sure our staff are on hand for you to have an exciting, memorable evening while supporting a very important cause.
We hope you take a night out with us to celebrate Art & Entertainment & Giving at Marquee!
Collaborating Show Producers;
Victoria Clements Martin Traz
Posh Entertainment TRAZ Productions
Outstanding Catering Sponsored by www.ehRestaurant.com Many Thanks!!!
Quinoa and lentil stuffed cherry tomatoes with morel mushrooms and goat cheese -(Veggie)
Smoked salmon with dill creme fraiche and capers
BC style Tuna tartar in individual spoons
Proscuitto wrapped glazed pear with mascapone cheese and honey
Butternut squash wild rice risotto cakes - veggie
Bison sliders with aged cheddar and rosemary aoili
Grilled marinated lamb chops - Pomegranate glaze
Spicy Prawns with chillie pesto cream
Chicken Satay skewers
When & Where
Posh Entertainment Canada & TRAZ Productions
Posh Entertainment Canada